Friday, June 01, 2007

29 in 29

  1. Attended a low country boil
  2. Ate octopus salad
  3. Administered 13 Day Camps in 4 weeks
  4. Was a guest at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo
  5. Saw Dave Matthews in concert
  6. Resigned from a job
  7. Taught 1st grade
  8. Took a million three personality tests and discovered I am pretty much exactly what I thought:Monica Gellar
  9. Was accepted by MTW as a 2 year missionary to Acapulco, MX
  10. DIBELed
  11. Went skiing. In Alabama.
  12. Jumped off cliffs at Little River Canyon (well, small cliffs)
  13. Underwent a Tilt Table test and, in the words of my doc, had a “pretty impressive” result when I passed out 10 minutes in. I am such an overachiever.
  14. Administered the CRCT (nauseous much?)
  15. Crossed over to the dark side and joined MySpace . . .
  16. And Multipy . . .
  17. Basically, became a full-fledged geek
  18. Read the following books for the first time: The Kite Runner, Esperanza Rising, Emma
  19. Was introduced to the following musical artists for the first time: Snow Patrol, The Lovell Sisters, Corine Bailey Rae, Ray Lamontagne
  20. Went to the dermatologist and had a skin cancer screening (and you should, too! Hey, look at me, being all PSA. It must be because I am so much older and wiser in my 30s.)
  21. Saw every episode of Felicity (and straight out the window goes my new found maturity.)
  22. Got in touch with my hippie side by ditching commercial makeup for minerals and um, well, tossing my shampoo. Work with me here, people. It’s gonna be GREAT.
  23. Made a Diaper Cake
  24. Participated in a Blogger Ping Pong Tournament
  25. Went to a Pampered Chef Party (I am really digging here, folks.)
  26. Saw these movies for the first time: The Devil Wears Prada, 50 First Dates, Bride and Prejudice, The Village,The Bourne Identity,The Bourne Supremacy, Sahara
  27. Broke my caffeine habit
  28. Discovered the wonder that is Crocs
  29. Mourned my lost youth

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, how great is Ray Lamontagne? I love that song "Three more days" or whatever. he's great. Happy Birthday to you! You did a lot this past year. The Ping Pong tourney will forever be etched in my mind as won of my greatest victories. Have a good one!

SP said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! CAN'T WAIT UNTIL LATER!

Bella Sera said...

Happy 30th girl..it is going to be the best year yet!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good informative post! I know they did not have shampoo hundreds of years ago, and so maybe they did just use water. Also, people ate with their hands as flatware had not been invented.
Just don't let that be one of the "30 in 30".
Just kidding!!
Love,

PS Your hair looks great.

Anonymous said...

You also had some pretty good free champagne! Can't believe you left that out! ". . .I see a little silhoutto of a man. . ."

Happy Birthday, Sis!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I sure am glad you decided to teach first grade. I wouldn't have made it this year without you:)
I love you girl!

Anonymous said...

Man - - what a bummer - - last year, about 25% of your birthday posting was due to your week in Colorado . . . and this year . . nada from the Wild West !! Regardless . . . Happy Birthday !!