It is March 25. A few of you may recall a little exercise experiment I have been undergoing for the past 12 weeks. Monday will be the finish of that 12 weeks, and the day that I should be able to run for a sustained 30 minutes. So, how am I doing? Well, I can officially report that as of today I am able to run for a sustained 30...seconds.
Yeah, that experiment lasted about 10 days. Then it got cold. Then I got a cold. Then it rained. Then my socks were all dirty. Then I didn't have any peppy music on my ipod. Then work got busy. Oh, the list of my excuses goes on and on and on.
So I ask, where do I get some motivation? I mean, other than being fit and healthy, because that isn't going to do it for me. I have some ideas, but they involve purchasing rabid dogs or renting that Texas chainsaw guy to chase me, and I would prefer something that would potentially involve less harm to my person. Any suggestions?
3 comments:
Well, I used to run at night. That worked really well because I would run as if terrified that something was going to jump out and get me...which I was!
That's about twenty more seconds than I could run! You're right though, it just wasn't a good time of the year.
Go swim suit shopping. I need no other motivation.
Post a Comment