Saturday, October 04, 2008

Falling

Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree. Emily Bronte

Fall in North Carolina is a beautiful thing to behold. The leaves are just beginning to turn, and they are already gorgeous. I cannot even imagine how alive with color this place will look in another week or so.

I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity to have lived here these past eight months. This place has captured me in a way I never thought possible. I grew up in a small town and never thought I would go back to living in one. And never would I have thought I would love it so much. I can go anywhere in town and see someone I know, and that is a very comforting thing. People in this town honestly care for one another. They want to know how you are, and they will stop what they are doing to hear the true, honest answer. It is a beautiful town, and right now it is at its most beautiful. Here are a few shots of North Carolina's very own Stars Hollow.

Where I work

The battle in NC rages on.
Everyone has chosen a side, and all the conversations in town are about the election.
This is a pretty unusual sign for the area. Had to capture the moment!


Beautiful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam and I went to Ashville one fall. I still think it was the most beautiful leaf changes I had ever seen. I think there are fewer evergreen trees and more hardwood trees. Whatever the reason, it's beautiful. Enjoy fall!

Amy J.

Anonymous said...

The leaves are really starting to change out here too. Guess I should take another scenic drive through the mountains on my way to the nickel slots in Cripple Creek....haha!! :)

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to sign my name...that last post was from Michelle (though I'm 99% sure you would have known that anyway!).

Jennifer Jolly said...

AAaahh! I am glad you are having a beautiful fall. Take lots of pics for future reference! :) Any news on your departure date?

Michelle, I have actually been to Cripple Creek. For their "Gold Rush Days" festival. Actually, my friends and I, pratically got chased out of town by the stares of the locals who were wondering who the obvious outsiders were. One of the most fun nights of college!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Your dad and I enjoyed the mini slide show of "our kids".
I liked the one of your dad with Rosybelle. He has the nail and she has the hammer...that's brave!
Love,
Mom