Yesterday was such a beautiful fall day. I wanted to get out and enjoy it, but I also knew that grades are due on Monday. So, I went to a local coffee shop, ordered a Caramel Apple Cider, sat by the window, and spent my day enjoying both the beautiful day and left feeling like I got done what I needed to do. It was a really good day.Yesterday also put me in a contemplative mood, though. As much as the changing of the seasons has me on edge with the realization that winter is approaching, I do so love this time of year. I love the smells and the sounds, the crisp feeling of the air, watching football and drinking coffee. I love the oranges and yellows of the trees and the blue of the sky. And it hit me. This really could be my last fall for awhile. As much as the idea of the endless Acapulco summer appeals to me, I am really going to miss fall and the changing of the seasons. I know it is worth it, and I know it is where I am supposed to be, but there are a lot of things I will miss. And lazy Saturday afternoons drinking Caramel Apple Cider happens to be one of those things.
6 comments:
I don't particularly enjoy fall. . .don't get excited about the colors and all, so I don't think I would miss that. But I would miss jeans. I love wearing blue jeans, and that is my favorite thing about cooler weather. Acapulco is too hot for jeans, and I would definitely miss that.
I think I need more Saturdays. Yesterday was such a beautiful day, and your dad and I went to the wedding. It was very nice, but we were inside and wanted to be outside.
Your post made me want to go to Cades Cove for a leisurely drive through.
Love
Drink up, girl. Drink up while you can.
Haha...funny Shannon!
Mandy I KNOW that picture didn't come from anywhere around here! It's not that beautiful yet!
I would love to take credit for that picture, but as I am still sans camera, I have to give all the glory to google images :)
Love the pic. Ok, made me sad about the thought of your last fall. I haven't yet had the thought of "we are on the rotation of Mandy's lasts." Arrghh. It's real. Good, but real. Yes, not having 4 real and distinct seasons is not fun. Texas had two seasons, Hot/Brown/Dry/Summer, Cool/Windy/Every-other-few-months. Not fun at all. However, I don't think I could compare it with Acapulco gorgeousness.
Love you
Post a Comment